Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oil for your car

I change my own oil because I use synthetic. No way I'm paying someone $60 for a synthetic oil change when can do it for $25 and 20 minutes of labor. The fumoto valve makes it really easy

I use Pennzoil Platinum synthetic and buy it from Wal-mart in a 5-gallon jug. It's on special clearance right now for $20. Regular at Wal-mart is somewhere around $23. I used to use Mobil 1, but the price went up and people on the Bob the Oil Guy forums seem to generally think that PP is better.

Costco has a $10 coupon in the current coupon book off a 6-quart box.

I buy my Honda PCX oil filters from either H&A Honda or Hardtopguy.com, depending on who's cheaper when I'm buying.

I also change every 5k miles. Honda recommended is 7,500 miles for regular driving. Changing every 3k's overkill.

No comments:

Post a Comment